top of page
Stamping a piece of paper

Frequent Questions for Our Grande Prairie Registry Service

While no website can replace the knowledgeable staff of our Grande Prairie registry office, it is our hope that we can provide you with quick answers to some of our clients’ most frequently asked questions. If your question isn’t resolved here, please feel free to give us a call at any time.


Q: What documents do I need to register my vehicle?

A: See the list below for the necessary documents you need to register your vehicle. Please note it is recommended to record your odometer at the time of registration. New vehicles require a New Vehicle Information Statement. Imported vehicles require a Vehicle Transport Form from Transport Canada.

  • Proof of Ownership (Bill of Sale, Lease Agreement)
  • Proof of Valid Insurance
  • Two Pieces of Identification


Q: When can I get a learner’s licence?

A: You must be at least 14 years of age to obtain a learner’s licence in Alberta. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent.


Q: Is the renewal form I received in the mail necessary to renew my driver’s licence and registration?

A: No. You do not have to present the renewal form. All you need is your existing photo licence and/or registration and proof of insurance. Bring in your information, pay the required fee and be on your way. Please note, if you present a non-photo licence, two other forms of identification are required.


Q: Do I have to register with Alberta Vital Statistics if I was born or married outside of Alberta?

A: No. Only vital events that happen within Alberta need to be registered with Alberta Vital Statistics. These events are only registered where they took place.


The professional and friendly staff of A1 Licence & Registry will be happy to answer any questions you have. You may also visit the Association of Alberta Registry Agents website for more information.

bottom of page